Monday, April 30, 2007

I can see the light...


Only 16 more days, 16 short, miniscule, insignificant days until freedom. Words cannot express the unparralled joy that I feel when I think about that magical, wonderful time that is summer!

Since this is my first year teaching, this will be in fact, my first paid summer vacay... Sure, I have experienced summers before...road trips, date parties, river floats, lake houses...but never with a PAYCHECK coming in!!! So, this means that I can do NOTHING...well nothing productive anyway, and still receive a full salary. Could there be anything more fantastic?? I think not.

As I aticipate the utter awesomeness of my carefree days by the pool, several things come to mind that will be far from my thoughts for three glorius months...let me share...

1.The 45 minute, one-way commute that I make EVERY morning and afternoon.
2.Salads with Poco Pack Ranch.
3.Dragging a box on wheels around the school and running over toes on my way...
4.The humidity in the halls that causes my hair to increase in area with each passing moment.

So many more... but instead of dwelling on the negative...let's restate that I am OUT OF SCHOOL in 16 DAYS!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

Dont be jealous....

No comments: